Saturday, September 14, 2013


My first Marathon--Whiterock Marathon in Dallas TX

As I reflect on each of my marathons, I will start with the Whiterock Marathon in Dallas TX in Dec 2009. If you have read my blogs about my marathon experience's in the past, I always point out the crazy outfits and experiences. The Whiterock did not disappoint, there were many Elfs and Santa's. But, as I look back on this race, it was about finishing. I remember as I made it to Mile 16, I was thinking it would be possible. That was before the pair of hills to come at Mile 18-20. I was warned in advice of these hills, but pushed through and concurred both. I remember telling myself 6 miles left...let's do this! That was my mind of course and we all know that sometimes the mind can say GO but the body says NO! It was a struggle but I made it to the Finish. It was all about finishing and finishing is what I did! I think I made a fashion statement with my outfit that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment