Thursday, July 5, 2012

Running Stats for the Month of June...knee recovery!

The month of June was all about recovery. As I blogged last month I developed a little surprise irritation in my right knee. After a doctor’s visit, custom fitting shoe appointment, reading many articles on running and REST, my right knee is much better. I have learned that stretching and strength training are critical in keeping your legs healthy and RUN ready.

With that said, it was time for a change in my running style and shoes. I have been inspired by last year’s USAF Marathon Winner and elite runner Dr. Mark Cucuzzella. He is an advocate for the minimalist shoe and his running style is spot on. Over the last several weeks I have been training and developing this new style of running and I have to say I am feeling better, less pain on my knees and generally do not feel winded after my runs. I am taking it slow here at the beginning to build my endurance. New shoes are in store this week as I move to a transitional shoe then minimalist.  

If you are interested to know about Mark’s philosophy on running etc., I have provided his information below:
Mark Cucuzzella MD FAAFP
Professor West Virginia University School of Medicine
Advocate for Healthier Running
store/race HQ 304-876-1100

Lastly, here are my numbers for June:
Ran: 1.64 miles
Biked: 11.32 miles
Walked: 16.91 miles

July here we come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment